Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Pagan Voice – Pagans Make Progress






It is January 6, 2013 and I started my day watching the first episode of “The Pagan Voice” a new program produced by “Pagan Living TV”

It is tempting to begin with a review of the show, being new the staff could benefit from viewer insights right?  Maybe not, this show represents progress in our community, a voice for our community reaching out into new media horizons.

If we as a community begin our traditional approach of armchair quarterbacking others efforts we will torpedo this valuable developing asset to our community. This is too important. Our community deserves quality media doing effective reporting, free from the tendency of our community to equate engagement with criticism.

What I am suggesting is unqualified support for this venture.  Lets overwhelm them with financial support, ideas for stories and share their content far and wide.   Along with these actions, lets have great respect for those who have given their time, money and expertise. These individuals deserve our support and acclaim.

For too long Pagans who step up have risked attack by those who do nothing yet see themselves as having a Goddess given right to judge the efforts of others.  Lets decide that it is time for a change. 

So today I am making a donation to “Pagan Living TV”, I am also willing to contribute my time, stuffing envelopes or anything else they need done.

What I am asking you my fellow Pagans is, donate a little to this effort, make positive suggestions for content, be willing to support your suggestions with effort and most of all fully embrace this evolution of Pagan Media! 

9 comments:

  1. I'm a proud regular supporter - this is important work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, for once I don't agree. TV is too deleterious an influence on our culture and I am completely opposed to its place in everyday life. I will not support any
    TV show because of this, regardless of its merits otherwise (which I wouldn't be able to judge, since I don't watch TV....)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin, Who said TV, I viewed this on the internet. I have never before experienced you taking a "dialectic" position. While I agree TV has a negative influence on American lives, my issues with that have to do do with content, not an absolute prohibition on TV. For me this world is gray, not black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Peter.

    Thank you so much for your support. We have been working extremely hard to give the Pagan community a voice in what is happening in the world. We want to produce a show that is professional, well-written, and speaks to the challenges that we face.

    This first episode is just the beginning of what we hope will be a growing Pagan presence in the media. Our hope is that our show will help inspire others in the Pagan community to become more engaged with shaping the future of our world.

    While I share Robin's frustration with popular television, there are also many new voices emerging in the media who are trying to make the world a better place. We look forward to being one of them.

    As we are a very new program, we very much appreciate any support that people are willing to offer.

    Thank you for your kind words.

    Many Blessings.

    Todd Berntson

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Thank you so much for your words and praise! We know we have a lot of work to do, we are dedicated to improving the show and making it the best it can be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Peter,

    Thank you for helping more people become aware of the work that PLTV and the Pagan Voice are doing. It is very exciting work, and each time will get better. I know both Dr. Todd and Briana personally, and they both are amazing people in their own ways and will help to bring some pretty rich content to the network. There is no question in my mind with how awesome this will be.

    Curious, does Todd have your contact information? If not, please send it over.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that such endeavors deserve and are entitled to our support; and we need them as they need us. It is going to take time, I think, as we brainstorm on what is news. The world is changing and humanity is going in new directions. Being in that and showing a path forward via news reporting and journalism is important. I am looking forward to news and reporting showing us new directions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I watched 15 minutes of the show. Who do I speak to about claiming that 15 minutes back? It was way too serious. For me the whole idea of paganism is to live a more light hearted existence, not constrained by dogma or paradigm. A way of life evolving with our surroundings. It was choppy and lacking format. I would have liked to see features which would draw in global interest such as pagan cooking, herbal remedies, walking in nature and looking for signs etc. chosen Pagans already know about Paganism, it is others that need to be convinced that Pagans are not weirdos. All this seemed to do was confirm how weird Pagans are. I hope this comment is received as constructive, in no way is it meant to be entirely negative. It just didn't work for me, did not hold my interest and was not topical enough. If anyone is going to spend 30 minutes of their life watching, it has to entertain in some way.
    Dianne
    Wales, UK

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought the show was great. I agree they deserve our support. The people behind it have been very responsive to some comments I made. It's a very good start. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete

Please use your name in posting comments. Postings by "Anonymous" will be deleted.